Margaret currently works part time for a Sports Partnership, and her role involves development of HR Policies/Procedures and Governance. She is the wellbeing champion, a role which focuses on employee mental wellbeing. She is a mentor for ‘Beyond 2020’ Female Leadership programme.
She also works as an Associate presenter with Laya Healthcare/Spectrum Wellness team delivering presentations and workshops to workforces throughout Republic of Ireland/Northern Ireland on various wellbeing topics including Managing Stress, Cyber Bullying, Mindfulness, and Building Resilience
She is an Associate Presenter with Peninsula HR, and delivers Employment Law seminars to SMEs throughout the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. These seminars also focus on psychological safety in the workplace from a legal perspective.
She has previously worked in the financial service sector where she specialised in the design and running of Executive Selection & Development Centres for senior managers. She coached managers as part of Managers’ Development Programmes and also as part of the feedback process in the selection and development centres.
In her personal coaching practice she coaches individuals in various areas including career transition, conflict management and resilience building. She has a particular interest in the use of coaching for resilience in the workplace. She uses a variety of tools and techniques to support the coaching journey e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychometrics and Positive Psychology techniques.
She is one of the founding members and a previous chair of the Special Interest Group in Coaching Psychology (Psychological Society of Ireland)
Education, Qualifications & Professional Bodies
· Certificate in Psychological First Aid (John Hopkins University) 2020
· Diploma in Employment Law (Law Society of Ireland) 2015
· QQI Training Delivery & Evaluation Certificate - 2015
· Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Institute of Commercial Management) 2014)
· Diploma Business, Executive & Personal Coaching (Coach Institute of Ireland )2008)
· MSc Occupational & Organisational Psychology (University of Surrey - 1999 - 2000)
· BSc (Hons) Psychology (Open University 1993– 1998)
· British Psychological Society Level B Intermediate Plus qualification in Personality Assessment
· British Psychological Society Level A qualification in Ability Testing
· Accredited in Myers Briggs Type Indicator Assessment (MBTI)
· Accredited Practitioner Baron - EQ Emotional Intelligence Competence Measure
· Accredited Practitioner Hay Mc Bear Emotional Intelligence Inventory